How to fight with your sleep issues

It’s 12:28 am in PST and I have been trying to go to sleep from the last half an hour. Unfortunately, I didn't get success. Hence, I have decided to figure out what can be the reason? I never had sleep issues before my pregnancy. Do you think this is the side effect of pregnancy? After pregnancy, I am facing this issue but not every day. From last 3-4 days, I am unable to fall asleep till 2-3 am or if I fall asleep I wake up at 3-4 am and stay up till morning. I just want to get a solution for this because lack of sleep affects my routine work. I am not able to focus and get things done the right way.

How to fight with your sleep issues

Today I have decided to work on this issue and that's why I am writing this post in the middle of the night. I am literally frustrated and I want to sleep to stay fresh and recharge my self.

The reason why you don't Fall to sleep

Before I find a solution I have to find the reason why this issue has occurred. Lately, I don't get much time during the day for my blogging work. Hence, I do most of my work between 10 pm to Midnight. I know I have read at many places that you should not use any gadget before you go to bed. But I don't have any other time slot to work on my blog. These can be one reason for my sleep issue. 

Another thing when I go to bed I feel like my mind is still working. On the back of my mind something is going on but I don't know what? Maybe due to that constant thought process I am unable to sleep.


Can it possible that my mind keeps thinking that I have trouble to fall asleep and this thought has become my anxiety? I am not sure about it but might be this fear is also playing a role. 

Remedies for Sleep Issue

  • When I was a kid my mom use to say keep murmuring god's name and you will fall asleep. I have tried. It didn't work.
  • I don't want to go for medication right now so avoiding it.
  • I have to try stress-relieving exercise, it might help.
  • Get rid of negative thoughts and focus on happy and positive thoughts to relax my mind.
  • One of my friends suggested to start meditation, I think I should give it a try.
  • I have to adjust my routine to reduce screentime and go to bed early. 
  • Reading a book before bed might help as well.

I will try these remedies one by one and see which one works. I will share if I get success to solve my sleep issues. If you have any suggestion which helps me then please write in the comments.

Comments

  1. All points offered in this post have their value. One of the top things to start with is to examine WHY you cannot fall to sleep easily. And such things can range from a lifestyle issue like not going to bed at the regular time, eating/drinking at bed time, going to bed distressed; and extend to a medical issue like anxiety, depression and going through menopause.
    Jotting down the "why's" on a piece of paper could be one of the first steps to learning about yourself and the issues that need to be addressed first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a night owl by nature so I've always had some trouble adjusting to my natural inclinations. I watching eagerly to see which remedy will work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a neat post, I have always been a deep sleeper and I get up early everyday. but I know many of my friends that are going to school with lots of stress cant sleep that well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always suffer when trying to get to sleep and find that if I get some decent exercise throughout the day, then it really helps me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There could be several reasons why you can't sleep, and you are dealing with a few that you mentioned.

    Perhaps you could stop working on your blog a few minutes earlier and spend that time getting ready for bed -- mediating, unwinding, calming your mind. Ideally it would be longer but I don't know how much time you have to spare. Like your friends say, getting rid of negative thoughts before you go to bed might help!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally understand the struggle. I still fall asleep peacefully, but I do use my phone as white noise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review of TriNova Stainless Steel Cleaner & Polish

Review of Wooden Puzzles for Toddlers from Petitoy

Gujarati Toor Dal recipe