Does anxiety really affect our traveling?

Traveling is my passion and I have really enjoyed all my trips. To accomplish my 2019 travel goals I was noting down places to visit. I also have to check out my budget so I don’t go broke at the end of my trip right? I got a casual message through social media and the person really like all my traveling posts and he was asking if I have any anxiety. I was not able to answer him because I never thought about it before. Then I asked him about his anxiety. From the conversation I have realized How people will able to manage traveling with anxiety? That is when I decided to create a blog post on Does anxiety really affect our traveling?



 What is Anxiety?

Anxiety is one type of mental disorder. When you have an excess feeling of worry or fear it cause anxiety.

Does anxiety really affect our traveling?

I will start with my anxiety. As I mentioned earlier, I don’t know about my anxiety until one of my followers had asked me. After that, I realized I am afraid of being alone. I have a fear that I will be left alone in this world and that is the reason I haven’t been on a solo trip. It doesn’t mean I don’t go out alone. I took many flights alone, but I have someone who drops and picks me up from the airport. I use local transport without anyone’s help. Besides all this, I never tried to take a trip where I have managed to stay at an unknown place for a few days. I feel like if I lost somewhere and not able to make it back home. What if someone hurts me physically or emotionally. I am trying to come up with some solution but still, anxiety is there. I have started doing meditation to calm myself and reduce negative thoughts and divert it to a positive attitude.

Everyone has different anxiety. You know many people have anxiety from a height. Some people cannot go on tall buildings because of fear of height but I know a person who is afraid of tall buildings even if she standing on the ground. By looking at tall buildings she feels the building will fall on her. It’s just fear in your mind. If you love to travel then the fear of flying can be a big issue. These will lead to boundaries while traveling because you can not go everywhere by car or train. Many people experience motion sickness from winding roads. Even seasickness is also common.


How to solve the issue of Anxiety?

Personally for me closing eyes and thinking about good times make me calm but every person is different. Here are a few solutions which you can try.
  1. For any anxiety or fear writing journal is the best thing to do. Just take out your feelings and you will get relax.
  2. Meditation can help you to calm yourself and improve your health overall. 
  3. Develop a positive attitude and think nothing will affect you and focus on how you will enjoy your ride.
  4. Keep your mind busy with interesting activities like reading a book or playing game.
  5. Travel with a companion or with a group initially which reduce fear being alone at an unknown place.
  6. Music can be a great option to divert your mind. Close your eyes, Plug in your headphones and enjoy music
  7. You can also consult your doctor for calming exercises which work best for you.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of TriNova Stainless Steel Cleaner & Polish

Review of Wooden Puzzles for Toddlers from Petitoy

Gujarati Toor Dal recipe