How to get there
- Enter the address for the Newfound gap parking area in your GPS. Exact address is Newfound Gap Parking Area, Bryson City, NC 28713
- Follow Newfound Gap road, you will see signs for a parking lot.
- They have a huge parking lot, but it gets full, as this place is famous among hikers and travelers for an incredible view.
Must follow tips for Hiking at Charlie's Bunion
- Comfortable, sturdy and good grip Hiking Shoes as hiking path is rocky.
- Carry hiking bag, so you can keep all your required essentials. If you are hiking in a group than share the bag so that you don't have to carry it all the way alone.
- At least 2 Bottle water and Energy Drink.
- As this hike will take minimum 4-5 hours depend on your speed carry required food such as fruits, protein bars or sandwiches.
- This trail is rocky and inclined so those who are not comfortable with it do think twice before hike this trail.