Recipe of the week Couscous Fried Rice

This is the second week of March means time to share a recipe of the month. As we know healthy living and healthy eating is in the air. Everyone is trying to eat healthy food. Hence, I thought to start my recipes with some healthy ingredients. Hence, I choose Recipe of the week Couscous fried rice with full of protein and veggies.

The Couscous is African dish. The Couscous name is derived from the word "Seksu". It looks like small balls and texture is just like Tapioca Sago.

Recipe of the week Couscous Fried Rice

Before starting recipe let's understand what is couscous and why to use it? Since I started controlling on my carbs I was looking for the protein sources. I know eggs, yogurt, chicken and other meats are a good source of protein. But being a vegetarian I can not eat those stuff, I don't even eat eggs. Hence, I started searching protein sources for vegetarians. Lentils are the great source of protein, but you cannot eat lentils every day as you have to soak them ahead and then cook it. Finally, I found couscous which is easy to cook and a great source of protein for vegetarians.



Choosing couscous is a tricky task because it comes in three types. The most popular ones are Moroccan, Israeli and Lebanese. It divided with the size of couscous. The Moroccan once are smallest in size and semolina type of texture. Israeli couscous is also known as pearl couscous. The Israeli once are easy to cook and take less time. Lebanese couscouses are the largest one and almost small peas size. It takes more time to cook.

I have used Israeli couscous in my recipe. You can make it in a different style. I wanted to keep it simple and easy to make. You can add whatever veggies you like. It was my first trial, so I kept it easy with fewer spices in it.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review of TriNova Stainless Steel Cleaner & Polish

Review of Wooden Puzzles for Toddlers from Petitoy

Gujarati Toor Dal recipe