As November starts holiday spirit come with cold weather and snow. Some people don't like snow at all, but some simply love it. As Wisconsin is in mid west it gets plenty of snow. There are a number of sports you can enjoy during snow season. Skiing is most famous among all the activities. You can also enjoy Snowboarding, snow Mobil, sledging and snow biking. So get out and have fun in winter.
Tips for First Timers
No one is an expert in everything, but you can learn new things at any age. So taking a ski lesson is advisable for first timers. The guidance will help you to learn faster. Almost all ski places provide lessons with different level. If you are skiing first time then take level 1 class. Don't hesitate to ask your doubts, feel free and enjoy your learning experience.
- Be careful when you select your outfit. Better to Dress in layers. You can wear ski pants for outer layer so it won't absorb moisture and get wet. Keep an extra sweater and jacket with you if in case you need one.
- Be prepared to beat the cold. Don't forget to carry a hat with you. Wear Ski gloves or mittens. Ski gloves won't get wet if you want to play with snow.
- If you are planning to use your own ski equipment than don't forget to carry with you. There are ski rental facilities in respective ski areas. Be sure to have your ski or snowboard bindings adjusted correctly.
- You should Know your limits. Learning is fun, but don't make it worse.
- If you feel tired or colder than stop skiing. All ski places have outdoor sitting area. Have a seat and enjoy the people around you.
What to Bring
Here is the list of recommended items to bring for skiing or snowboarding to make your trip memorable. Skiing is fun if you feel comfortable in cold atmosphere. So make sure you don't forget anything.
- Synthetic or wool base layers for top & bottom - Synthetic is preferable, lease avoid cotton clothes.
- Jacket (water resistant)
- Hat & Waterproof Gloves/Mittens
- Warm, dry socks - wear only one pair of socks and avoid cotton socks
- Extra clothes and shoes to change.
- Goggles/Sunglasses - Goggles are strongly recommended for increased visibility.
- Lip balm
- Snack, fruit, energy bar, water.
- ID, Wallet, Cash
- Equipment - If you are not renting
Top seven places to ski in Wisconsin
Address:- 3605 N Mountain Ed, Wausau WI 54402
2. Little Switzerland ski area, Slinger
3. Alpine valley, Elkhorn
Address:- W2501 county road D, Elkhorn WI 53121
4. Cascade mountain, Portage
Address:- W10441 Cascade mountain rd, Portage WI 53901
5. Wilmot ski resort, Wilmot
Address:- 11931 Fox river road, Wilmot WI 53192
6. Mt La Crosse ski area, La Crosse
Address:- Old town hall Rd, La Crosse WI 54601
7. Christie Mountain ,Bruce
Address:- W13755 Co Rd O, Bruce WI 54819